Brachioplasty (arm lift surgery) is a plastic surgery that aims to eliminate the sagging skin of the arms.
Today, Brachioplasty is increasingly practiced and helps women get rid not only of the aesthetic problem of ugly arms, but also to eliminate the complexes that were directly associated with it.
With age, the human skin loses its elasticity due to a decrease in the production of collagen and elastin. This, in turn, affects the decrease in the tone of the epidermis and its sagging.
Thus, the following possible causes of sagging skin are identified:
- Age-related changes in the body (from about the age of forty, a person has obvious problems with the elasticity of the skin, especially if he is overweight or has diseases of the internal organs).
- A sharp weight loss of a person, in which the subcutaneous fat has decreased, but the skin on the arms remains the same volume;
- Genetic predisposition of a person to a physiological deficiency in the form of a large shoulder area and upper arms;
- Complete lack of active physical activity, which led to dystrophy of the muscles of the arms, and as a consequence-sagging skin;
- Various hormonal disorders in the body;
- Previously performed liposuction of fat mass in the upper arm area, which contributed to sagging skin.
There are the following advantages of armlift surgery:
- The ability to completely eliminate the sagging skin of the arms, which causes a lot of inconvenience and discomfort to a person;
- Elimination of psychological problems that have arisen due to the complexes of their appearance;
- Performing the operation in a fairly short time;
- Long-lasting effect of the procedure, because the skin cannot return to its original position as quickly as, for example, adipose tissue;
- The scar after surgery is located on the inside of the arm, so it is not noticeable at all.
Indications for armlift surgery are:
- The patient has a sagging skin after a dramatic weight loss;
- Flabby, lost elasticity of the skin, which is observed in humans for hereditary reasons;
- Loss of skin elasticity due to muscle atrophy;
- The presence of unsightly sagging skin on the arms, which is not eliminated by massages and physical training.
To put it simply, arm lifting is indicated for those people who cannot eliminate sagging skin on their own, and need surgical correction.
There are also some contraindications to arm lift surgery:
- The presence of acute or chronic infectious diseases (HIV infection, hepatitis, tuberculosis, syphilis, etc.);
- The period of pregnancy and breastfeeding is a serious contraindication, which will not be violated by any professional plastic surgeon;
- Previously transferred surgical interventions, after which the person has not yet had time to recover;
- Weakened immune system;
- Recent underarm surgery, as well as liposuction;
- The age of the patient (up to eighteen years);
- Blood clotting disorder;
- Removal of the breast after cancer;
- The patient’s advanced age (over sixty years of age);
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Severe metabolic disorder, expressed in a neglected form of obesity. At the same time, doctors recommend first losing weight, and only then think about surgery to correct the skin of the hands;
- The presence of skin diseases in the area of the intended operation;
- Increased sweating in the armpits;
- Acute respiratory diseases;
- The period after a recent stroke;
- The period after a recent heart attack, as well as the presence of pacemakers in the patient.