Who cannot do laser eye surgery?
Contraindications to laser correction are:
- Retinal dystrophy. For the treatment of pathology, PPLC (peripheral preventive laser coagulation) is successfully used. After the procedure, the patient again has the opportunity to make laser vision corrections.
- Thin cornea.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Keratoconus. Keratoplasty, corneal tissue transplantation surgery is effectively used to treat keratoconus.
- The age of the patient is under 18 and over 45.
- Myopia of high degrees. To correct vision in such cases, there is an alternative — phakic lenses. They are implanted inside the eye without removing the lens to correct vision for short and long distances.
- Progressive deterioration of vision.
- The presence of cancer.
- Pregnant women, as well as during breastfeeding;
What are the symptoms of eye diseases?
Because any problem that occurs in the eyes, one of the most important sensory organs of the body, leads to a decline in vision or complaints of stinging, burning, and so on in the eye, the symptoms of eye diseases can be easily noticed.
- Heaviness and pain in the eyes,
- A foreign object has escaped into the eye.,
- Lacrimation in the form of tears, crying, burring problems in the eyes,
- Severe eye itching, redness and burning sensation,
- Narrowing of the visual field and visual impairment,
- Low eyelid and swelling of the eyelids,