It can be said that getting a dental cap can be almost painless throughout the entire dental treatment. In any case, your mouth will be numbed in advance.
Is dental cap falling out a dental emergency?
In general, dental cap falling out is not considered as a dental emergency. However, if your dental cap is broken, you should contact your dentist accordingly. Also, make sure to be careful so that you do not cut your tongue or cheeks by accident.
When does a tooth need a dental crown?
There are several reasons why you may need a crown. First of all, make sure to apply to a highly experienced professional for your dental consultation.
Below are the some of the reasons. These are:
- In order to protect a week tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth
- To cover from a badly worn down tooth
What can you not eat with a crown?
- Sticky foods: Such as caramel, chocolates, and candy.
- Hard to chew Foods: Such as hard candy, Ice, nuts, hard taco shells.
- High sugar content Foods: Such as sweets, donuts, granola…
- Any food or beverage that is acidic: Such as Pineapple Juice, grape Juice, and any other carbonated drinks.
Also, there are number of types of foods you should avoid in addition to above.
- Too Cold or too hot foods
- Steak and other hard meat
Why should you avoid, especially above types of food and drinks?
Your teeth will be at their utmost their sensitive state. Thus, some of the types of foods and beverages can damage your teeth. Also, overall health of the dental structure of your teeth are obstructed. Thus, the durability of your crowns can be lessened.
In addition, keep in mind that if you are careful about your food and beverage intake, you can prolong the durability of your dental crowns.