Hair transplantation is a natural and permanent solution to the problem of thinning and baldness in patients with hair loss. It is the process of transplanting healthy hair to the areas with micro surgical methods. Hair transplantation is a customized operation for each patient who is suitable. The main goal of the hair transplant treatment is to provide the patient an annotated appearance. Hair transplantation is not considered to be a highly invasive operation. It is the safest when performed in a high standard hospital by an experienced and skilled expert. With the application of hair transplantation, the patient gains hair like before it shed. CK Health Turkey offers a natural looking appearance to the patient with modern application through hair transplant.
Who can have hair transplant Operation?
Hair transplantation is mostly cosmetic for men. The reason for that is man who aged over 50 years or more tend to have hair loss. However, this does not apply all men. Keep in mind that hair loss is not unique to men. Many women suffer from hair loss.
In order to determine your suitability for hair transplant treatment, you will receive a free consultation from CK Health Turey. Once your suitability is confirmed, you will proceed with further information and price details.
Why hair loss happens?
One of the most important causes of hair loss is genetics. Also, it can occur due to:
- Passage of time;
- After traumatic injuries or in various medical conditions.
After the diagnosis is made by doctor’s control, hair transplantation is successfully applied to all people with sufficient hair follicles in the requested area.
The transplantation method is successfully applied not only in the scalp but also in all areas with hair in the body such as eyebrows, mustache or beard.
What should you consider before Hair Transplant Operation?
- Share information about your medication use, if any, with our healthcare professionals. Because, depending on the drug used, some may need to be used until the day of the operation and some may need to be discontinued. Therefore, it is very important that these are known and managed by our healthcare professionals.
- If you are an active smoker, you should stop smoking 2 weeks before the operation. This is because smoking increases the complications of anesthesia during surgery.
- Alcohol should not be consumed within 48 hours before the operation. Alcohol intake can cause liver dysfunction. It increases anesthesia complications during surgery. Moreover, it does increase the time for your recovery time.
- Blood thinners and herbal teas should be stopped 1 week before the operation.
- Patients must fast for 12 hours before surgery. Hunger prevents vomiting that may occur during anesthesia. Therefore, this application is intended to protect the lung and is of vital importance.
- In case you cannot take a bath for a few days after the operation, take a bath before coming to the hospital on the day of the operation. This will also reduce the risk of postoperative infection.
- No make-up and nail polish should be worn during and after the operation in order to be able to analyze the skin color correctly.
- When coming to the operation, they should bring comfortable pajamas to the hospital.
- Menstrual period does not constitute an obstacle for a surgery. However, women are more sensitive during this period. Thus, it is more appropriate to perform the operation after menstruation.
- In the preoperative period, patient should be careful about their food and beverage intake. It is important to eat a diet rich in proteins and vitamins before surgery.
How hair transplant Operation performed?
In practice, hair follicles received taken from the patient and transplanted to the bald area. Infrequently, the limits are not sufficient. Hair follicles can also be taken from other areas that contain hair. Such as the selection arms or the chest. The application takes place approximately for an hour. This depends on the amount of hair loss. If hair loss is too severe, several sessions may be required.
The intervention is performed under local anesthesia with sedation. Patient can get a hospital discharge after 1-2 hours.
The patient can return to work life after a 3 day rest at home with a head cover.
Which methods are used for hair transplant Operation?
In hair transplant procedures, FUE or DHI methods that leave a slight scar on the neck are applied. In CK Health Turkey both methods are available upon request. In the FUE method, hair follicles are transplanted one by one to the hair missing areas. While a skin line containing hair is taken from the neck in this method.
Hair transplantation performed through planting healthy hair. The sides of head should be used as the donor area. Other factors such as hair color, hardness, wavy and bushy do not affect the result of the procedure.
DHI (Direct Hair Implant) is the latest and most popular technique in hair transplantation. With the “Micro Motor” from the donor area, sample hair follicles / grafts are placed in special items called “Implanter Pen” with a diameter of 0.6 – 0.8 mm. Thus, no stitches and incision marks are formed.
As in the canal technique, no incision is made in the area to be transplanted, thanks to this latest technique, making a root to be planted in cm2 minimizes skin damage and blood demand. Skin damage and minimal bleeding accelerate the healing process.
Which method will be preferred is decided together. While, considering the examination priorities after hair and scalp analysis. Although the FUE method, which does not leave any traces, is preferred the most. Hair transplantation can be applied not only for baldness but also for thickening thinning hair.
What is the most important factor for hair transplant Operation?
Hair transplantation is a major application. In order to minimize the risks of hair transplantation, it should be done in a hospital environment. It is very important that the best results are performed by plastic surgeons who have received a good education in this field. In order for the hair transplantation to be successful, the transplanted hair follicles need to be strong so that it won’t shed.
For a natural look, it is very important to add the hair to the bald areas at the right distance, at the right angle.
What should you consider after Hair Transplant Operation?
You should avoid any heavy work that will make you sweat and make you tired. Also that will cause you to take a shower constantly. If patient is not careful on the same, hair follicles can be damaged. Thus, it can result with not being able to grow in a healthy way.
Patient should stay away from stressful and tense environments after the operation. Stress is one of the major cause for needing a hair transplant operation.
You should avoid intercourse for a few nights.
Patient should not drink alcohol. It will be harmful for your newly transplanted hair as it will mix directly into your circulatory system.
It is possible to feel pain and tiredness after the operation. Given local anesthesia, tension may also experienced. These complaints completely eliminated within a few days.
In the first few days, you should lie on your back as much as possible. Also, you should not have anything contacting the area of operation. In addition, if the hair transplantation performed to the back of your head, you should lie face down.
After your hair transplant, you may experience swelling around the area of operation. These will go away in a short amount of time.
The next day of hair transplantation, you should remove the bandage on your and renew with a new one.
As of the 2nd day after hair transplantation, no application made to the transplanted area. Only medication provided by your healthcare professional required for your pain management.
What are the risks associated with Hair Transplant Operation?
Many side effects and unwanted complications exist within hair transplant operation. These are minimal in well-programmed and well-transplanted patients. After hair transplantation, many patients experience pain, edema, hair loss in the hair transplantation and so on.
Complications in hair transplantation may arise from the risks of the surgical procedure. The inadequacy of the knowledge and technology used by the practitioner, and the physiology of the patient is one of them. For this reason, in order to minimize the complications that may arise, the patient should know about the things to do before the hair transplantation. So, you can read all about hair transplant from the official website of CK Health Turkey. For more information, you can always contact CK Health Turkey as well.
Below, you will find most common complications that relate to hair tranplant operation. These are:
- Sensory Changes in Donor and Transplantation Areas
- Erythema – Redness
- Temporary erythema
- Hair Loss in Donor Area After Transplantation (Donor-Site Effluvium / Shock-Loss)
- Hair Loss in Transplantation Area After Transplantation (Recipient-Site Effluvium / Shock-Loss)
- Hiccups: 5% of the patients may have hiccup attacks that last for a few hours or days after hair transplantation.
- Itching: Mild itching attacks may develop. In these, it decreases with daily washing of the hair.
- Epidermal Cyst Formation: Cysts can develop in places where hair transplantation is performed. These go away with simple treatments in a few weeks. It can rarely reach 2-3 mm diameters without disappearing.
- Unnatural Appearance
- Continuation of Shedding After Transplantation
- Scar – Scar Development in the Transplantation Area
- Book your free consultation today!