Hair transplant surgery is one of the most popular type of plastic surgery among male patients. This blog is here to provide you information on aftercare after your hair transplant surgery. Should you have any further questions on the same, you can contact CK Health Turkey.
Aftercare of Hair Transplant Surgery
- After the operation, you should stay away from stress. Stress is one of the main reasons why hair transplants are needed in the first place.
- You should avoid strenuous exercises that will cause you to sweat and feel tired. This causes you to shower constantly. Thus, your hair follicles can be damaged.
- It is normal to feel pain and fatigue after surgery. These complaints disappear completely within a few days.
- You should lie on your back for 10 days using a neck pillow. With this method, you can protect your newly transplanted hair follicles from being damaged.
- 3 days after the operation, you should perform a special washing procedure for up to 10 days. This procedure should be done twice a day. You can consult our healthcare professionals for more information on the same.
- Refrain yourself from touching the area of operation. This, will prevent your hair transplant’s result from getting adversely affected.
- After hair transplantation, you may see swelling around the operated area. This is absolutely normal and will go away with time.
- A day after hair transplantation, you should remove the bandage and let it stay dry. This causes it to heal faster.
- When you use prescribed medication regularly, it can help with your healing process.
Sports: You may start swimming after a month.
Sexual Intercourse: Approximately after 10 days, you may resume your sexual activities.
Alcohol and Smoking: Avoid smoking until 5 – 7 days after surgery. Your newly transplanted hair will take damage as smoking and drinking will directly interfere with your circulatory system. However, you may start alcohol consumption after 20 days.
Driving: You should not drive immediately after your hair transplant treatment. You may start driving only after the effects of the anesthesia completely relieved.